How To Solve File Size Error of MCA Portal on Mac
If the MCA portal shows the error of File Size Exceeding the limit, follow the steps given below to solve the issue.
Computer/Laptop: Any MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
Operating System: Mac OS version High Sierra or higher.
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version: 2020.009.20067 or Higher)
Reducing the file size on Apple Mac OS
There are two things that increase the file size of compliance forms.
- Attached digital signatures revocation history
- The size of pdf & image attachments to the form
1. Please follow the below instructions to limit the increase in PDF file size while affixing the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
|Step 1: |
Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Select Menu Acrobat Reader > Preferences. The Preferences window is displayed.
Select Category: Signature. The Digital Signatures section is displayed.
Click “More” button under the Creation & Appearance section.
Uncheck “Include signature’s revocation status” option.
2. Please remove all attachments to the form and reduce their size using Preview
2.1 For reducing size of image file attachments
Open image file in Preview
Go to Tools Menu > Adjust Size
Reduce Width/Height of the image file
Reduce Resolution if required
Save file. It will reduce the image file size. Check file size by right-clicking on it and selecting “Get Info”
2.2 For reducing size of PDF file attachments
Open PDF file in Preview
Go to File Menu > Export
Put new file name in “Export As” Field, Format as “PDF” and Quartz Filter as “Black & White”
Save file. It will reduce the PDF file size. Check file size by right-clicking on it and selecting “Get Info”
Reattach all reduced size attachments and resign the compliance form. It will solve the file size error on MCA Portal.